Entertainer of the Year
In case you haven’t heard, The Findlay and Toledo Race for the Cure events are now VIRTUAL! While we are sad to not see you and all of our other friends in person this year, we have put together a fun way for you to share your talents and support the fight against breast cancer.
This year, we invite you to participate in our first-ever Virtual Race for the Cure Entertainer of the Year Contest! We are asking that you and/or your group record a short video that will be posted on YouTube. The group or individual with the most views will be named our 2020 Virtual Race for the Cure Entertainer of the Year!
Here’s how it works:
- Register for Race Create a team or register as an individual.
- Record a 1- to 3-minute video of you and/or your group performing an inspirational song, a fun skit celebrating breast cancer warriors, a cheer or dance, a poem encouraging others to join the fight against breast cancer, or even a rousing marching band performance.
- Say howdy Introduce yourselves and tell us where you are from and why you Race.
- Be creative Make sure to include tons of pink, and please make sure you have permission to use any songs or music. We encourage you to use unlicensed music or write your own!
- Submit Send your video to Kacy@komennwohio.org. Please also include in the email your name/group name as you would like it to be recognized, why you support Race for the Cure, a completed photo release form and who in your group is registered for the Findlay Race for the Cure.
- Share, Share, Share The videos will be posted on Komen Northwest Ohio’s YouTube channel (com/user/KomenNorthwestOhio). Once it’s live, share the video with your fans and followers and encourage them to do the same! Add the link to your fundraising center and encourage others to help end the fight against breast cancer.
- Win Two ways to win, both will get you recognized in a special ceremony on race weekend.
- The performer or entertainer with the most views on YouTube as of Thursday, September 17th.
- The individual or team that raises the most money.
We also invite you to register for the 2020 Findlay and/or Toledo Virtual Race for the Cure events today and then #Race419TheCure in your area this fall! Register here! The women and men facing breast cancer in our area need our support right now. Whether it’s emotional support via our helpline, financial support through our treatment assistance program, or help navigating their care journey, please help Komen provide these life-saving breast cancer services.
Have questions or concerns? Contact Kacy Eaton, Race Manager at Susan G. Komen Northwest at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 419 724 2873.