- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Komen Resources for You
- Current Grant Recipients
- How to Apply for Grants
- Our Community Need
- Get Involved
- Komen Northwest Ohio 25th Gala
High School Team Challenge
Susan G. Komen Northwest Ohio invites you to form a high school team and participate in the 2017 Toledo Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure events in Findlay and Toledo.
Dates: Saturday, September 23, 2017 in Findlay and Sunday, September 24, 2017 in downtown Toledo
Adults are $30 and youths ages 18 and under are $20. Additional donations are always welcome!
The goal is to get a minimum of 50 participants signed up on your team.
- If a high school has 50 participants on the team, Komen of NW Ohio will provide a $250 scholarship to help pay for an upcoming school event such as prom or graduation. We ask that pink be incorporated and Komen be acknowledged at the event.
- If a high school has 100 or more participants on the team, Komen of NW Ohio will provide a $500 scholarship to help offset costs for an upcoming school event. We ask that pink be incorporated into the event and Komen be acknowledged at the event.
- Participants for the race may be from inside or outside the school district.
Where does the money go? Of the monies raised, 75% stays in Northwest Ohio to fund education, outreach, and life-saving grants while the remaining 25% goes to research.
We invite you to form a team for your school and build awareness about breast cancer. You can run, walk or even choose to “sleep in”. I am happy to discuss any opportunities or questions you may have. I can be reached at 419-724-2873 or email@example.com.
Step 1: Go to: www.komennwohio.org
Step 2: Click on Events, Click Komen Race for the Cure, Toledo.
Step 3: Click Register; Form a Team, select team division: “High School Team Challenge”.
Step 4: Ask others to join your team! Your team may be comprised of fellow students, friends, family members, community members, and more.
See you at the race!
Special Events/Race Director