Race Registration Opens April 1!

It’s No Joke! From Saturday April 1, 2017 to Saturday, April 15, 2017, #JoinTheMovement and save $5 off registration for the Susan G. Komen Northwest Ohio Race for the Cure® events in Findlay and Toledo.

On Saturday, April 1, 2017, registration opens for the Susan G. Komen Northwest Ohio Race for the Cure® 5K Walk and Run events in Findlay and Toledo. This year, we are asking our friends in the community to #JoinTheMovement and save $5 during the first 15 days.

The Komen Northwest Ohio Race for the Cure events will be held on Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017 at the Blanchard Valley Hospital Campus in Findlay and on Sunday, Sept. 24, 2017 in Downtown Toledo.

Registration:

Early-bird registrants will save $5 off their $30 registration fees ($20 for Youths) from April 1 through midnight, April 15. Plus, register before August 14, 2017 to receive free Race packet shipping!

Registration will be available online at www.komennwohio.org or via a paper registration available at the Susan G. Komen Northwest Ohio offices located at 3100 W. Central Ave., Suite 235, Toledo, Ohio 43606. Call 419-724-2873 for further information. 

Why #JoinTheMovement? 

Susan G. Komen has set a bold national goal to reduce the number of breast cancer deaths in the United States by 50 percent by 2026, and we are asking our community to #JoinTheMovement against breast cancer by registering for the Races, by fundraising, and by recruiting their friends and family to race with them.               

The Komen Northwest Ohio Race for the Cure events are the primary way Komen Northwest Ohio raises the money necessary to fund breast health and breast cancer grants in our 24-county service area. The women and men helped by these donor dollars would otherwise go without these life-saving services. 

Through our grantees, 75 percent of our net fundraising dollars go to fund breast cancer screening mammograms, diagnostic services, breast cancer treatment, breast health education, survivorship support, and much more. The remaining 25 percent is used to fund national breast cancer research aimed at finding the cures for breast cancer, particularly advanced and aggressive breast cancers, such as metastatic breast cancer and triple negative breast cancer. 

About Susan G. Komen® Northwest Ohio

Susan G. Komen® is the world’s largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Since its founding in 1982, Komen has funded more than $889 million in research and provided more than $1.95 billion in funding to screening, education, treatment and psychosocial support programs serving millions of people in more than 30 countries worldwide. The Northwest Ohio Affiliate alone has invested more than $12 million in community breast cancer programs in 24 counties. Seventy-five percent of the net proceeds generated by the Affiliate stays in Northwest Ohio and the remaining 25 percent funds national breast cancer research. Komen was founded by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy’s life. Visit www.komennwohio.org or call 419-724-2873.